Thank You ZCA Parents
The third month of preschool is here, and we are enjoying your children. Their smiles, hugs, and laughter are a blessing to each of us. Thank you for sharing them with us.
The month of November is all about Thanksgiving. Here at ZCA we encourage our students to be as grateful, kind, and loving as possible. One way to display kindness is to give back to the community. For the month of November, we are doing just that by hosting a Thankful Canned Food Drive. Upon drop off please deliver your nonperishable items to the box located at the sign- up table. The cans will be delivered to North Fulton Community Charities on 11/21. The Charity is looking for the following items to be donated:
- Canned Vegetables (Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin, Squash, Peas,
Greens—please NO corn or beans)
- Boxed or Bagged Potatoes and Rice (Mashed, Scalloped Potatoes; White, Brown
or Yellow Rice)
- Boxed Pasta Mixes (Noodles, Mac-n-Cheese)
- Boxed or Bagged Stuffing Mixes (Cornbread, Herb, Plain)
- Bags of Flour, Cornmeal, Biscuit mixes
- Boxes of Baking Goods (Cake Mixes, Brownies, Pie makings)
- Cans or Packets of Gravy (Turkey, Chicken)
- Cans of Fruit (Apples, Peaches, Cranberry Sauce, Pineapple, Applesauce, etc.)
Thank you all very much for your participation during this month. We look forward to this Holiday Season and are so glad that you all have entrusted us with your loved ones.
Have a Wonderful November,
Zion Christian Academy Staff
Dates to Remember
- Nov 4th: Kick off to Canned Food Drive
- Nov 21st: Last day to contribute to Canned Food Drive
- Nov 28th-29th: Thanksgiving Recess - School Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
Verse of the Month
“I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.”
Attack on Germs
Your child is learning about the importance of cleanliness and the role proper hand washing plays in preventing the spread of infection.
“Hand washing is the single most important means of preventing the spread of infection,” according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We are reminding children to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after eating, after using the toilet, after sneezing, coughing and wiping their noses, after playing outside and/or with shared toys and when they come home from school.
Please encourage your child to put into practice the skills he/she is learning. Both your example and your encouragement are important.
Zion Christian Academy Newsletter November 2019
888 Zion Circle, Roswell, GA 30075
(770) 998-0961 | zionchristianacademyga.com